Thursday, December 31, 2009

What should I get my mother and her new husband as a wedding gift?

They are getting married next month in Hawaii. They already live together so they don't need any house stuff. I won't be at the wedding and I live on the other side of the country. I want to get them something really nice. I'm trying not to spend more then $150-$200.What should I get my mother and her new husband as a wedding gift?
That is a big amount you are spending! Keep in mind, you do not to spend even that much to get something good. It is about the thought, and I'm sure your mom and her husband know that. Try to get something that will mean a lot to her, and that will remind her of you.What should I get my mother and her new husband as a wedding gift?
i think it would be nice if you gave them money for their trip. like maybe give a check and say this is only to be used on snorkeling in hawaii! or if you know what hotel they are staying at you could call the hotel and set up a surprise like massages or room service with fancy champagne.





or if you dont like those idea, you could get something nice engraved for them, like a wedding photo album or picture frame that has their names and the date.


or if you are artistic you could make them something, my moms sister gave her a huge painting she painted for my moms wedding and 30 years later its still hanging in my house.
One wedding gift that I typically give that is ALWAYS a hit is Wedding Heart Picnic Basket. It is elegant and classy and everyone loves it. Highly recommend it.





The site listed below ships to Hawaii too, I've used them to ship there before!
A hotel upgrade, private candlight dinner on the beach, excursion during their trip - honeymoon upgrades and perks are always welcome! You could also write them a nice letter thanking them for being such a great family to you or even get a silver photo frame with the word Family engraved on it for a picture of the three of you (or with the entire family if there are other siblings!).





Good luck!
The best wedding gift is something they can use, I found The Name Change Kit and its GREAT! It will help your mother change her name quick and easily! Its really affordable and I promise she will be thanking you...
I would get them a gift certificate for a stay at a nearby Bed and Breakfast in their area. My husband and I have done this and it's really fun, romantic and the perfect little getaway.
This might be a weird question, but do they have a wedding registry?

No comments:

Post a Comment