Thursday, December 31, 2009

What is the BEST drug rehabilitation clinic for my husband to go to?

My husband has been struggling with a drug problem for about 2 years. He was addicted to cocaine and eventually starting mixing it with Heroine. Now he is Finally ready for help but he wants to keep it confidential and he is looking for an alternative to 12 step programs and an alternative to narconon. We are atheists and would prefer a NON religious drug treatment center. can anyone tell us where to get more information about this?





Thank you for your time.What is the BEST drug rehabilitation clinic for my husband to go to?
Good luck finding a rehab that isn't 12 step based!





I'm an atheist in recovery as well!





I use the N/A program without the whole ';god'; thing!





Think of ';god'; as good orderly direction!





That's what I did/do and have managed to stay clean and sober for almost 4yrs now!





Email me if you like!





No matter what you decide good luck to you both! Its not an easy road to tackle at first but with time and a clear mind its an amazing journey! Continued support is necessary to make it - you don't just do 28 days rehab and assume all is well!





Edit: Merlin Bravo! Had no clue too bad its in Malibu!What is the BEST drug rehabilitation clinic for my husband to go to?
My husband is an atheist and follows the 12 step program leaving out God where they insert it...many addicts will use that as their excuse not to attend and try the program. There are also atheist branches of the 12 step program out there - you'll have to check in your area to see if there are any.





In any case - my husband fought it the first two times he tried (and failed) sobriety but then decided to surrender himself to the program (minus the God part) and it's been better...





My point is - change God to whatever you need to in order to work the program. BOTH OF YOU. You need to make sure you get help for you too...
I personally recommend Eaton Canyon Center. They accept anyone who is willing to change for the better. They have exceptional and effective treatment programs for long time sobriety. They also have treatment scholarship for individuals that can't afford drug treatment.
New Method Wellness offers a discreet but personalized drug treatment program. The plans are always medically supervised and focus on family therapy and sober living which will help your husband transition to a drug-free life again. Good luck with everything!
www.theaddictioncure.com
I FIRST COMMEND YOU on your desire of getting clean! I am a recovering alcoholic of 19 yrs. %26amp; could NOT have done it w/o the help of AA. I also was married to an alcoholic %26amp; went to Alanon along w/AA. This to was a GREAT help to me living w/someone who did NOT take the program as serious as I did. Yes, I did ';bounce'; in %26amp; out a few times, but it was w/the tho't that IF I drink w/him, he would NOT cheat on me w/the girls he did who drank. WRONG MOVE!!! It did NO good as he cheated regardless. That's when I got serious about MY OWN sobriety %26amp; STAYING sober for ME %26amp; NO ONE ELSE. He went to numerous short term detoxes %26amp; also numerous 30 day programs, none of which worked for him. I did it ALL thru AA. These programs are ALL anonymous %26amp; you do NOT have to worry about anyone ';telling'; who goes to these mtgs. or who is in what program. As someone mentioned, there IS a 12 step program that goes along w/the recovery. It does state you CAN use ';whatever/whoever'; for YOUR choice of a ';higher power';. Just something/someone you can believe in that would be of help to YOU/HIM. So don't let that deter him from the program. You could call the 800# under alcohol in the yellow pages, %26amp; they w/be more than happy to help ans. any %26amp; ALL questions you have. They WILL steer you in the rite direction for the help he needs. IF he is SERIOUS about honestly wanting to quit, there is NO reason why it w/not work for him. I have NOT tho't of taking a drink in the whole 19 yrs. I've been sober. I did however ask God to TAKE AWAY THE DESIRE to drink this last time I got ';serious'; about quitting. I hurt my 3 children w/my drinking %26amp; was beginning to hurt my 2 young grandchildren too. I KNEW I had to do something SERIOUS about it. My daughter wrote me a letter I WILL keep forever as that was the last thing that got thru to my ';guilt'; of drinking. She told me she was NOT going to call me anymore after a certain time of the day as she KNEW I was drunk %26amp; it hurt her too much to hear me talk to her in that frame of mind. Addicted people carry a LOT of guilt around w/them. THIS did get to my guilt. I KNEW I had to do something about it THEN. I have read %26amp; reread that letter over MANY times over the yrs. That letter means the world to me, my children are so happy to have their mother back, I can be a loving grandmother to my grandchild...We recently lost one in a car accident at the age of 14. This was a devastating loss to ALL of the family, %26amp; my son %26amp; family w/NEVER be the same because of it. I am just SO GRATEFUL I was able to be there for all of them even tho I too was going thru my own grief. Even going thru that, a drink NEVER entered my mind! I suggest you call that 800# %26amp; trust you CAN get the help you need %26amp; want. Sorry I got carried away a bit. But it's just SO GREAT to be sober %26amp; I KNOW he %26amp; you WILL feel the SAME exact way I do....I certainly do wish you ALL THE BEST...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment