Thursday, December 31, 2009

Why do I have more paper clutter than my husband?

It seems like I have piles of papers and miscellaneous amounts of paper clutter while my husband doesn't have any? How is this possible? What can I do to eliminate the clutter? Even when I try I end up with three boxes of things that I can't throw away because they're important to keep. Help?Why do I have more paper clutter than my husband?
What u think u need to keep and what he thinks he needs to keep are two different things.


I hate clutter. But my wife has paper clutter. it does frustrate me. Especially at the moment cause we are moving house and its making things extremly difficult.


I wonder if i got a match and burnt all the paper. Would it make a difference in our lives or not? I dont think it would.


Actually better i rip it all up into shreds and recycle it. That way im helping the environment.


I dont think you really need paper clutter these days especially since computers are so advanced etc


But then again, u know some document u keep that your husband thinks u dont need, years later might save u money where otherwise if u did not have it it would cost you. So in a way you could be right. I dont know. Its all rubbish anway i just wanna sit on the lounge and watch tv. Just throw it in storage and worry about it next year like everyone else lol.Why do I have more paper clutter than my husband?
You can buy nice little file cabinets at any office supply store that require very little space. While you're there buy some of the paper file folders to put in your file cabinet. Sort all into stacks in categories.





Things to keep:





Canceled checks





Tax papers





Health records





Credit card records





Records of investments





Wills





Tax returns





What you can safely throw away:





Expired insurance policies





non-tax related checks





Records for things you no longer own.





Pay stubs going back more than two years.





What to keep in a safety deposit box:





Deeds





Birth certificates and marriage





Passports





Stock and bond certificates





A list of all insurance policies.





Hard to replace papers





Doing these few, simple things can organize your paper clutter and its not really that difficult to do. Make up your mind that you will take one day, such as a Saturday and begin this task.
what you could do is buy one of those 3 in 1 print, copy, scan machines and just scan everything important and store it somewhere in your computer and then you can keep the original in a box and put it in storage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment