Thursday, December 31, 2009

Do i have to have work to petition my husband for his green card?

I am a US citizen and i want to petition my husband, currently enjoying being a stay at home mom. If i petition for my husband my mom plans to provide for the Affidavit of Support (as a co-sponsor) so that means i have to go back to work too right?Do i have to have work to petition my husband for his green card?
No, you don't have to get a job just to file an affidavit of support. You must and can provide an affidavit, even if you have no income at all. If you don't make enough to support him on your own, you can use one or more joint sponsors. Each of you must provide an I-864. As long as the total income among all of you adds up to enough to support yourselves and him at at leat 125% of the basic poverty level, the income qualifies.
  • moisturizing cream
  • eye make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment