Thursday, December 31, 2009

Is there any way I can help make my husband more enthusiastic about our pregnancy?

We have known we are pregnant for almost two weeks now. He is not mad or upset that we are pregnant. But he is just not as excited as I am. Should I just give him time? Or are men just not as enthusiastic about this kind of thing?Is there any way I can help make my husband more enthusiastic about our pregnancy?
My husband was happy, but still he's not that into it either. Its hard for them to be when they have to watch from the side lines while we get bigger and feel the baby move first and what not. But don't worry, as soon as that kid comes, he'll be happy and will be involved! Good luck!Is there any way I can help make my husband more enthusiastic about our pregnancy?
He will be. Men just need more time to get excited. Once he sees your belly start to grow, and can see your baby on the ultrasound, see/feel him/her kick, it'll become more real to him. Right now it's kind of an abstract concept.





They say women become mothers the second they find out they're pregnant, while men do when they first see/hold their baby. It's just the way we are, biologically. Don't worry, he'll be just as excited as you are soon enough!
It doesnt really hit men till your big and about to bust. Thers an old sayin that says ';a woman becomes a mother when she knowledges shes pregnant a man becomes a father when he holds his child'; I think that best explains it.. Men themselves arent actually expericning it one on one so it takes longer.. You could always get him to tag along to the dr appts and ultrasounds that seems to help a lot. Good luck %26amp; best wisshes:)!
Give him time. Also,include him into every thing, Dr.'s appointments, classes,picking out names,and baby stuff.If he is like my husband if he doesn't see it on Sports network then it doesn't affect him. So when he sees the 1st ultra sound. You can tell him one for the home team
2 weeks is not very long. It probably just hasn't hit him yet. When he hears the baby's first heartbeat, sees the first photo, he will get there.


It is kind of unreal in the beginning for lots of people.
I enrolled my Husband %26amp; I in parenting classes. Sort of what to expect...


Also give him time, it may not have hit him yet, once he see's the growing belly it will hit home.
radiate your enthusiasm!!!
  • moisturizing cream
  • eye make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment