Thursday, December 31, 2009

How can I stop myself getting angry with my husband?

I'm 32 weeks pregnant and everything is going fine. The doctor told me at my last appointment that it was fine for my husband and I to make love. However, since I started showing my husband just hasn't wanted to, he says it's because he feels awkward with the baby in between us. But I'm starting to think he's just going off me because of the way my body has changed. I'm trying so hard to stay patient with him, but it's really starting to get me down. Does anyone have any advice?How can I stop myself getting angry with my husband?
Hi there





I am 35 weeks pregnant i haven't had a issue of my hubby not wanting sex BUT!! i know the feeling you are going through about him not finding you attractive.... me and my hubby did have a time in the pregnancy where we were not having sex and if anything it was me more so because i hate what i look like, i had sex the other night and i can honestly say i felt like a wallowing hippo in the mud!! i would talk to him again and tell him how he making you feel if he can be truthful to you then you be blatant and truthful with him! tell him you need reassuring that he still wants you and finds you attractive as he is making you feel unattractive.How can I stop myself getting angry with my husband?
Hello Vicky!


I must say that I understand how you feel, but there is no point getting angry at him. He is simply worried about the baby, and not the way your body has changed. He feels a bit weird and scared to do any damage to your baby, even though there is not much you can do. Try convincing him into doing this and just tell him that nothing is going to happen to the baby or you, just remember some positions may not be suitable for pregnant women so be careful:) just tell him how you feel and try talking him into making love, I'm sure he wont resist:)
Have your husband go along with you to your doctors appointments and have your doctor explain to him that it is completely safe. Have your doctor reassure him that he has nothing to be concerned about. Seduce your husband, wear loose lingerie- so that your belly doesn't show, do not talk about the baby before making love, try new positions so that there is no pressure on your belly- on fours is best or you on top backwards is a good position, have fun with it just don't get rough. Talk to him about the way you feel and it probably will turn out that he is just paranoid.
Some men feel weird about making love with their wives...and the baby. He may feel like he will hurt you (or the baby) or he may just see you as the woman giving life to his child and not a sexual being. Perhaps his sexiness disappears when he looks down and knows that there is a baby in there. If your husband is genuinely a decent guy, give him the benefit of the doubt; tell him that you know he feels awkward about the baby in between you - then suggest (no scratch that) take his hand and lead him (seduce him) to other positions that don't require the baby being between you (if you catch my drift). Allow him to get comfortable with making love with you again and eventually he will loosen up (or hardened up). :)
Your 32 weeks along, if you held on until now, try a few more weeks. Some men think they might hurt the baby, and it puts them off sex. Tell him if the problem is he thinks he's putting pressure on the belly, that you can try some other positions, like side ways or from the back and if that don't work. You on top.
It can be true what he says. Now that both my kids are born, my husband and I talk about it and he said it made him feel weird like a little hand was going to grab his wanker or something. He knew that it wouldn't of course but just the weird thoughts alone made it uncomfortable for him to have sex. Men don't quite understand pregnancy as much as we do. It makes a lot of them uncomfortable. Just wait it out, it will get back to normal after the baby. It also seems like a much bigger issue with the raging pregnancy hormones...I've been there and it will get back to normal.
it probably has nothing to do with your body! why cant you take his word for it? i felt the same way about it and it had NOTHING to do with my wife's body! some of us have mental blocks with that issue so he's not lying. many guys, myself included, really have little clue how all that works in there. even after you have the baby he might even continue looking at ';it'; differently for a while.





i GUARANTEE that that too will pass and he'll be back all over you better than before.
i have been the guy in this position. and it wasnt my wifes body change (she only gained 14lbs total the whole pregnancy) i just felt awkard about having sex wit her being so late in the pregnancy, scared i was going to hurt the baby, etc etc. its just different for a guy. dont take it like he doesnt think your attractive. its jsut weird from a guys point of view
i dont like pregnant woman, I think it s ugly.i would not touch a pregnant woman, even if it s my wife.


so let him in peace!!!


so men react differently, it s not against you.just take it easy and wait...
me an my wife id a lot of doggy style and spooning that way the baby isn't ';between'; you. My wife said that doggy style relieved her gas pains too
You control your thougths and then they become actions. When you control your thought life then you will have your answer.
He probably isn't going off you, it is kinda awkward
i would just talk to him if i were you but that would get me upset! and if that don't work masturbate!
Come it must be strange for him. He'll get over it
he is not attracted to you anymore now that you are pregnant, and you should be mad at him for that! In fact it would be weird if you were not completely pissed off about that. He does not want to have sex with you until you go back to the way you were before you got pregnant, and that may take awhile if it happens at all. You could wait it out, or you could realize that he may be only into you for the way you look, and that is not good for you or your baby. He is because your body has changed, and you should stop being patient with him, If he really loves you he can learn to love you the way you are no matter how you look. You are beautiful no matter what, and it is what is on the inside that matters, If you can not fix this problem, then it will reflect how he will treat you in the future and how he will treat your baby in the future. If it doesn't stop then you have to do what is best for you and the baby and leave him. Be mad and make him understand, or be with someone who will!

No comments:

Post a Comment