Thursday, December 31, 2009

Did your husband do anything really weird while he was dealing with becoming a father?

Mine started threatening to run off overseas on us, but he got over it and now I realize that he was just freaking out over becoming a father. Did anyone else have a husband or boyfriend that exhibited bizarre behavior when you were pregnant?Did your husband do anything really weird while he was dealing with becoming a father?
He keeps saying that he is worried once the baby is born I won't love him as much and that I will love the baby more than him and totally forget about him. So far he has been really scared but I've been trying to include him in this as well. I tell him that this week the baby is ___ long and is growing this body part. I save pictures from web sites like baby center or baby zone on to my iPod and show him what the baby looks like this week. He has been getting a little more excited every week.Did your husband do anything really weird while he was dealing with becoming a father?
My boyfriend has a 6 year old from a previous marriage. When I was pregnant he became kind of distant from me and seemed to worry a lot that his older daughter would feel left out because they didn't keep a baby book or keepsakes from her birth or early childhood. To help ease his anxiety I started a scrapbook for his daughter (whom we have full time and I love like my own), and I started a memory journal/childhood book.





He also didn't get excited until literally the week before our daughter was born. It drove me nuts because it was my first baby and I'd tell him things like ';She's doing somersaults in there!'; or ';She has the hiccups!'; and he'd bring up what happened during his ex-wife's pregnancy. It made me feel very insecure and like my baby would never be as good as his first daughter. However, I now realize it was just his concern about his older daughter feeling forgotten.





Since our daughter was born in April he's come to realize that there really isn't a distinction for me. They are both my daughters and I will always do what I can to make sure my step-daughter feels just as loved and important as her little sister.
I got pregnant right before my husband got deployed, I didn't know until he was already gone. While he was deployed, he was just as loving, caring, and supportive as he was before he left. By the time he got home, I was almost 8 months along. I think it kinda scared him since he went from seeing me to seeing me with a huge baby bump. Once he got home, he was still loving and supportive, but he also became ultra protective and clingy. He was constantly being nosy and asking me questions. It was like my being pregnant was going to somehow change me and ruin our relationship.





I think if he had been there the whole pregnancy, he would have been ok. But having to adjust to a big change in a short amount of time kinda messed with his head. Once the baby was born, he went back to how he used to be....and he's a great dad. :)
My husband just acted not excited and if I talked about baby stuff he would just roll his eyes and act like he didnt care.. JUst wait until your baby gets here, my husband changed completely and became the baby hog. lol Which is a good thing.
When I was 5 months pregnant with my first I discovered emails between my husband and another woman. I almost left him over that and the girl and him both got a very nice threat of bodily harm :)
well mine just always thinks i dont love him cuz im crabby as hell lol

No comments:

Post a Comment