Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ok My husband is coming home for a year tour in Iraq. How long does it take to travel from Kuwait?

to the United States? So I have a good since of time to get ready and get some odds and ends done? And to drive to the Gym with his parents?Ok My husband is coming home for a year tour in Iraq. How long does it take to travel from Kuwait?
well when we were in ga it took after they gave you the 24 hour notice and keep calling! But iraq is not far from kuwaitt. The longest stop is when they stop in germany! i say about 15 hours good luck! I know i was up there 3 hours prior and u can also check with the band cause they have to play that is what my husband in the us army band!Ok My husband is coming home for a year tour in Iraq. How long does it take to travel from Kuwait?
Have a wonderful time with your husband enjoy him! My husband got to go back real soon haven't been even stabilize! ENJOY and God Bless

Report Abuse



it takes a while. tell your husband thank you for me. my fiance is going to kuwait soon for a year....gosh that's gonna suck! but i think it's like a couple days unless they just take a military aircraft and fly it nonstop....
It all depends on where is is flying into in the states. When I came home from my year long deployment in Kuwait it took us about 19 hours to fly home not including layovers in Ireland and Canada. The layovers were about a half hour to an hour and a half long.
it depends on what unit he's with...


sometimes, like what happend to my dad, theyll get caught up in Ireland or something...itll take a few days, youll have plenty of notice...


thats great to hear...have fun!
best advice is to contact the family support group for his unit


flying from kuwait to the us does not mean you can see --not till he gets home----i spent 3 weeks in FT Bragg when i got back over thanksgiving before i got to go home


Congrats to you all---thank him for his service!
Awww congrats sweetie! It's a load of fun when the soldier boy comes home again. (Trust me, I know)





Usually they'll be home in about 24 hours. Your FRG contact would probably know more. They should be in pretty much constant contact with you. If something changes they'll let you know. My hubby and his unit got caught up in Ireland so it seemed that his trip took a lot longer (he was supposed to arrive at 2am, and he didn't get in until almost 6:30am). I did get a super nice Irish-made necklace out of the deal though. =D
Most of the responses have been 'it depends'. And it does - when I came back from Desert Storm, it was on a 141, with layovers at KKMC and RAF Mildenhall then into McGuire AFB. Took about 24 hours, then I had to take a commercial flight to my permanent duty station (was travelling as a single, not with my unit).
i know when my husband came from iraq the flight was like 2o hrs.
It takes approximately 20 hours to fly from Kuwait to the Eastern seaboard of the U.S. if you fly non-stop in a C-5 or C-141 and get refueled in the air. That rarely happens, however. Many troop transports have stops in Germany and the Azores Islands, and some of the troops are sent home on commercial airlines. Realistically I'm guessing 2-3 days with stops and transfers.

No comments:

Post a Comment