Thursday, December 31, 2009

What do I need to do to send my husband's and my paid in ful letters to credit bureaus to update our reports?

My husband and I paid off our debts that reflected on our credit reports. We have recieved all of our paid in full letters except for one. What would we need to do to get this information to credit bureaus to have our information updated...I reall need to know so any info would be greatly appreciated!!!!!What do I need to do to send my husband's and my paid in ful letters to credit bureaus to update our reports?
just send last statement showing a zero balance - they will get updated eventually any wayWhat do I need to do to send my husband's and my paid in ful letters to credit bureaus to update our reports?
You would contact each agency by mail. You send them a copy of the report to each corresponding agency with a letter disputing the information reported, for example, your Nordstrom account showed habitually late and went to a collections agency, you would name that creditor in your letter and tell them the debt has been paid and send the corresponding paid in full letter to them with your report and you will do this for each debt that has been paid in full. Most of the time collections agencies will do this in a matter of time better for you to follow up with a letter of your own so it gets done. When your report has been updated these debts will either appears as ';settlement accepted on this account'; or ';account closed by credit grantor paid/zero balance.'; It may take between 3 and 6 months to accomplish but please do it in writting and not over the phone or the internet. There is still value in writting letters to folks when it comes to something as important as your credit. After all that is done, do not apply for any credit any where for at least 18 months (revolving credit-credit cards, retail accounts I mean) - you would be better off rebuilding your credit score by obtaining financing on a car (only if you need one - very easy to do, have a cosigner and a down payment of at least 3500.) Good luck.
Shanara,





You'll want to first work with the one company that hasn't provided you the paid in full letter. Get them to get you that letter. Each company is supposed to report to the credit bureaus that you are paid in full, but some are not good about it.





If you are really worried about your credit improving, and it sounds like you are, you may want to subscribe to one of the 3 major credit bureau's for a monthly fee. I subscribe to Experian. For $12.95 a month, I can pull my credit report any time I want. This has been very helpful to me for the same reasons. I pay a loan off, and I can check to see if the credit report got that information. One of my payoff's still showed a balance of $22,000 for over 6 months after I paid it off!!! It took me many calls to the company, and many credit report disputes to fix it. I attacked it from both angles and finally, I think the company got tired of dealing with me, so they finally did what they should have a long time before. Sometimes persistence is the key too. Then when it looks fixed on your credit report, you might consider pulling a 3 agency report, which usually costs about $30. It's sad that we have to pay to see what our credit looks like, but that's the cards we are dealt, we just have to deal with it.





I hope this helps you out! Andy





Oh, by law, you are entitled to a free credit report annually, and also if you are denied credit. You just have to contact the 3 agencies:





Experian


PO Box 9532


Allen, TX 75013


(888) 397-3742





Equifax


PO Box 740241


Atlanta, GA 30374-0241


(800) 525-6285





Transunion


PO Box 6790


Fullerton, CA 92864-6790


(801) 680-7289

No comments:

Post a Comment