Monday, December 28, 2009

My husband has just been to the doctors and needs to have his ears syringed?

he needs to soften the wax (yuk!) by dropping olive oil in for a week first - We live in the middle of nowhere and the local shops have now shut - is it okay (just for tonight) to use vegetable oil?My husband has just been to the doctors and needs to have his ears syringed?
You must use an oil that is suitable, EAREX is good product available from chemists.





The syringing process is much less uncomfortable than it used to be, and it not a syringe is not used at all. Just warm water.My husband has just been to the doctors and needs to have his ears syringed?
i suffer with a blocked as well, and i have been having problems with it for a couple of weeks now, the problem with having them syringed is that you have to keep getting them done every so often so i wouldn't bother stick with olive oil it really does work, just a couple of drops be he goes to bed, DON'T use Cotton buds they make things 10 times worse im speaking from experience. hope this helps.
yeah if you wanted to. I myself, just keep shooting real warm water in my ear. That breaks the wax up and it will come on out.
No wait until tomorrow, did the nurse/doctor tell you to use luke warm oil?


If so put the oil in an egg cup and then the egg cup in a jug of hot water and it will warm it up, check the heat of the oil with your finger...


The best way to get the oil in the ear, is have your husband tilt his head to one side and then using a T spoon put in a few drops, as you may not have a dropper and then do the same on the otherside, do not do it last thing at night or you will get oil stains on your pillows and cases.
ear wax is funny stuff - it will absorb moisture.





I know a bloke who has to have his ears syringed regularly, I said to him, when in shower, just fill each ear in turn with water and let it run out naturally (I shower every day so it is done daily). Oooh, cannot do that he said, I have been told to keep ears dry. Hmmmmm I said, what does the Doc use to syringe your ears? Water he said. Oh,,,,,,,,,








you can either get the excess out yourself, (just get it wet in shower, don't go prodding), or you can spend time at the Doc. try it for a couple of weeks, wont cost to try.
no wait on for an extra day hun, i use a syringe without the needle....the type you get for pets...use in the shower, very helpful.....ear syringeing is a fantastic feeling.
I should think so. I do it regularly with olive oil, but pure vegetable oil should be OK.
If the doc says olive oil, I'd stick to olive oil. I don't think it would be a big issue but better safe than sorry. Besides I'm sure one day won't make that much difference.
No,Olive oil really does work.My doctor recommended it.I have lost ear wax after eating food with Olive oil in.Please tell him not to poke around in his ears and wash his hair.
When you've finished the treatment the doctor recommended, ask if Audiclean would be suitable for him. You can buy it over the counter from the chemist. It sprays water in your ear safely, and with regular use is meant to reduce the need for syringing.

No comments:

Post a Comment