Monday, December 28, 2009

My husband as a temporary green card but I want the divorce can I divorced him with out him loosing his card?

My husband and I have been married for 2 years. We are having some problems and I want a divorce. I gave him his green card but he only as the temporary. I want to know if I can divorce him with out affecting his permanent green card.My husband as a temporary green card but I want the divorce can I divorced him with out him loosing his card?
I'm pretty sure you need to be married for 5 years for it to be permanent. Instead of divorcing why don't you just live at separate houses for the last 3 years. You can't marry again until the 3 years are up though.My husband as a temporary green card but I want the divorce can I divorced him with out him loosing his card?
Yes, he has to jointly with you file I-751 Remove Condition to get 10 year gree card. If you divorce and he doesn't get the divorce decree before his 2 year green card expires, he will be out of status and in that situation he misses to file I-751 by himself. In addition, he has to have very strong evidences that he has all good faith marriage intention when he got married you, not for the green card.
NO, you have to stay married for him to get his permanent VISA(green card!) You both need to attend an interview, and the last thing you want to do is LIE!
I HOPE NOT

No comments:

Post a Comment