Thursday, December 31, 2009

Do my children still need a letter from my husband to go to mex ?

My husband is already in mexico and my children and I will be going soon.My children have their own passport, do I still need a letter from him to travel? Do my children still need a letter from my husband to go to mex ?
If they are American citizens, yes you do. you must have a letter of permission for each child signed by the father and notarized...to take them outside the U.S. Border patrol has no way of knowing for sure where the father is. Also, this is Mexican law. See site below and read section on Minors under ';Entry Requirements.'; He will need to prepare the letters and Fed-Ex them to you. Do not use regular mail..it could take forever.





Edit: The answerer who says she takes her kids back and forth everyday is not going beyond the border area. If you plan to go beyond the 12 mile border area , you definetly do need this letter. They do not always ask for it, but if they ask and you do not have it, you will be turned back. It absolutely is enforced. Do my children still need a letter from my husband to go to mex ?
No you do not need a letter from your husband to travel with your children in mexico. I bring my son back and forth almost daily with no problems. I walk or drive across the port of entry between San Diego/Tijuana








If you are flying there is other guidelines here is a great link and it does state that you need a notarized letter from both parents. I do not think this is enforced but it is better to be safe then sorry.





http://www.tijuanamexicoinsider.com/mexi鈥?/a>





It is the last paragraph on the page.
This question doesn't make any sense....

No comments:

Post a Comment