Thursday, December 31, 2009

How would you pronounce Koen since me and my husband are having a debate?

Let me know your thoughts?How would you pronounce Koen since me and my husband are having a debate?
Cohen--Ko, rhymes with flow and say the letter ';N'; at the end. Koen.How would you pronounce Koen since me and my husband are having a debate?
koe-in
Like the surname Cohen.
I dont see how people mix Koen with Cone since the E is before the N to make EN I think koen looks fine, just make sure people know so they dont mis read it
CO-IN
I wish I could use the IPA phonemic alphabet for this, but the closest approximation is: KOH-uhn.
We're pretty sure we're naming our son Cohen (due in May). I would pronounce it the same way as that, however I don't care for the spelling. We thought about Coen/Koen/Kohen spellings too, but decided we liked the regular Cohen best so people would pronounce it corretly and are somewhat familiar with it. If you like the K, I'd just spell it Kohen.
Koe-in
Co-en
Ko-wen
Ko-in
Cohen
Hmmm. I think most people will pronounce it Koh-enn. But my German last name has an OE in it that's pronounced like a long A, so I'm going to say I'd pronounce it ';Cane.';
Co-in
If you and your husband are debating this now, think how his friends/teachers/mentors are going to feel later in life.
it could be pronounced (Ken - silent O), (Con -pronounced with a K, and a silent E), or just plain (Cone - prounounced with a K). People, use so much different spellings now a days and it just a simpl word where they have thrown in an extra letter or different spelling, same pronounciation, to make it look different from someone else (ex: Karen, and Caryn ) I think they both are pronounced the same, just spelled differently.
Kane simply because I wouldn't think about someone having a first name pronounced KOE in, I would assume that it was just a creative spelling of Kane/Cain
Pretty much just like it's spelled...';co-en';.
Keen
Sounds like Co-ehn to me
Spell it ';Ko-en ';;allow the hyphen to be part of the name, it will be different,..and pronounced correctly.
Since the origin of the name Koen is Dutch,


I think you'd like to pronounce this name in the Dutch way.





You can hear it here :





http://www.acapela-group.com/text-to-spe…





Use the Dutch Femke voice : she pronounces it correctly.





And...look here :





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?…





:-)








Hope this helps, and good luck!
when i saw your question i thought ';cohen';....but after reading these ppls pronunciations, ';kane'; would be cool.


but i think you would have to correct alot of ppl to make sure they say it right....just go with ';Bob';.
I say ko-en.
Porsche: Por-sh or Por-shuh, Van Go or Van Goff?





The more correct pronunciation for koen is ';kwuh-aan';.
I would pronounce it ko-en.....I like it better w/ an ';h';


like Cohen..or Kohen...
Just like it looks COHEN, I think?
like how you would pronounce co-en
coe-n
Ko-En.. not cone is how I see it. But I prefer the H. and C.


Cohen.

No comments:

Post a Comment