Saturday, January 9, 2010

Would you open a letter that came to your husband in the mail?

Yesterday my husband got a letter in the mail written in girly handwriting with no self address on it. Sooo, I opened it. It turned out to be nothing, and then I kind of felt bad for opening his mail. Would you have done the same thing?Would you open a letter that came to your husband in the mail?
Yes, I open my husband's mail ALL the time, actually.





If he gets the mail, he opens my mail.





We're married, we share everything. What does it matter who opens the mail? There is no privacy (aside from bathroom privacy) in a marriage. He can open my mail whenever he wants, and I open his whenever I want. Whoever gets it first, opens it usually.





That being said, in your situation I DEFINITELY would have opened it. It would have made me very uncomfortable, and even though I totally trust him, I'd want to know what it was.





You did nothing wrong, relax. If you feel that guilty, tell him. I'm sure he won't care.Would you open a letter that came to your husband in the mail?
i have been married for 14 years, and i would never open my husbands mail, without telling him first, and he would do the same for me. where is the privacy in your marriage? we are all entitled to it, married or not. i definitely don't agree with that.

Report Abuse



Two years ago, no.


Now, for sure.


Once trust is broken it is really, really, really hard to get it back.


As it is many bills come addressed to my husband. Since I do all the accounting (he has been known to lose bills resulting in late charges fines, etc.), long ago we agreed that I would always open these.


For the rest, they go in his mail ';basket';. Although, as I said, if I saw suspicious handwriting or a particular postmark...
If you usually open his mail then you shouldn't feel bad. If you took exception to this letter then you could feel a little bad, but I wouldn't beat yourself up to much over it.





My wife and I, who ever picks the mail up opens it all and if it is deemed important given to the other if it isn't we just toss it.
Are you aware that it is illegal to open mail that is not addressed to you?





I would NEVER disrespect my spouse by opening his mail.
I would have let him open it then asked what it was. If he had nothing to hide he would have told me or showed it to me....if he had something to hide he would be vague at which point I would ask to see it.
Honesty is the key to a successful marriage. Be straightforward to your husband and let him know what you did (and why you did it). I am sure he will understand.
Yes, because he would most likely have handed it to me and told me to.


Now?


I am not so sure. If someone has this address, I would be surprised. He claims not to live here to people around him now..
Yeah. I would probably call him though and say: ';Hey, you got a letter in the mail, I'm gonna open it for you';. What am I saying, I long onto his e-mail account and check his e-mails! lol
Sure as hubby would open mail with my name on it. 2 have become 1, there should be no reason to feel guilty.





Mary in Camden, MI
No. We respect eachother's privacy. I would however, make sure I was around when he opened it. Just so I could ';casually'; be like, hey what's that??
Every piece of mail that comes to our home is opened by me. He has no problem with it, just like I wouldn't have a problem with him opening my mail.
I respect and trust my wife too much to open her mail, and I can not imagine an instance where she would open mine.
Yes. I open most of the mail anyhow and he opens it as well. So i dont see the problem.
OF COURSE YOU DID GOOD! YOU HAVE THE RIGHT! REALLY YOU CAN'T TRUST NOBODY EVEN YOUR OWN B**T
No. It's obviously his business, and I would trust my husband enough to not snoop through his things.
If you have to open it, it means there is a problem.
yes, we open each others mail all the time. It's no biggy to us.
Yes, either should open any post.
Wow you have a green monster on your shoulder. You do not trust your husband. Better start thinking about counseling.


Been married for 27 yrs and NO I would not open something addressed to him only. Just as I would want the same respect with my mail.
My husband goes mad when i open his mail
Um yes, I would have done the exact same thing! xox
Yes, But because we open each others letters we have nothing to hide.
yea i would have..and i wouldnt have felt bad..he opens mine..
Hell yeah i would have opened it. lol
nope, i would have waited for him to open it and share it with me..

No comments:

Post a Comment