Saturday, January 9, 2010

How do I file taxes when I worked and husband rcvd workers comp all year? Can I claim him as a dependent? ?

He received benefits Jan-Aug, until they stopped him. He did not work for the entire year. I am a student but receive grants and loans. We have a child and at some point I paid for child care. We rent and pay electric for heat. How do I file my taxes this year to get the most return?How do I file taxes when I worked and husband rcvd workers comp all year? Can I claim him as a dependent? ?
So, did either one of you have a W-2 at all?





If you had zero other income, the only remaining question is whether your grants covered your tuition or if any of the grant money was used for living expenses (which makes it taxable).





If your income from W-2s is $0 and your taxable grant money is less than $17,900, you don't have a filing requirement and wouldn't get a refund anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment