Saturday, January 9, 2010

Can my husband get a job without a visa?

My husbands visa expired. We are in the process of getting him a green card. We have been married for over a year, and the company he works for is about to go out of business. I am not exactly sure where we are in the process of getting the green card. All of the paperwork and medical requirements have been sent and we are waiting for what comes next. We really need a 2 income household! Can he get another job in the meantime? I believe his SS card is conditional with his visa, which is now expired. Does he need another visa and if so which one?Can my husband get a job without a visa?
Is he in the process of getting a green card through you, or the company? that may make a serious difference under the circumstances. If he's in the process of adjusting status through you, and you've filed an I-130 immigrant petition for him, and an I-485 adjustment of status form, you can also file for work authorization. if it's happening through the company, that could be a serious problem, if they do go out of business. If you are an American and haven't filed any paperwork yet, take a look at uscis.gov and look in the form section for the instructions for the I-485. there's a lot of useful information there.Can my husband get a job without a visa?
If he filed I-765 Employment Authorization Document with I-485, he can get work permit within 90 days from the Receipt Date. Otherwise, you have to wait until you get green card approval at the interview.
Around here mostly at McDonalds or doing landscaping or unskilled construction jobs.
Check out bank robbers anonymous. Lots of openings...

No comments:

Post a Comment