Saturday, January 9, 2010

Can my husband get satellite internet in his room while serving in Iraq?

I need to know the name of the company that could offer that service and how much approx. it costs. Does Hughes Net work over there in Iraq?


I know there a place for soldiers to check emails and call, but he wants to have something in his room with his own laptop.Can my husband get satellite internet in his room while serving in Iraq?
Usually the base has a company/contractor that provides internet access, where they can pay for wireless.





Right now my husband is in Al Asad and we pay $70 a month for wireless through Radius Cafe that is available on base.





However, I will add that contact/connection is shaky. When he is available to chat (not working), it has been worth it.Can my husband get satellite internet in his room while serving in Iraq?
We had it in our room and paid for it as a group when I was there - it worked pretty well. The name of the companies vary from base to base. You do have to pay for it out of your own pocket and I thought it was great to have so you didn't have to go to the internet cafes to check email or chat back to the wife and kids.
He can pay for it if he want it. If he has a job that works 9-5, their called support personnel than it would be worth it. If he actually leaves the wire than probably a waste of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment