Saturday, January 9, 2010

Is it appropriate for a woman to send her husband flowers at work?

My wife has been telling me I have a feminine side for a while now. As long as she says it at home no harm done. A few days ago at work I got a promotion and when I got to my desk the next day there was a bouquet of roses and box of candy. I was greatly embarrassed. When I got home she said it wasn't an insult she just thought that would be a good way to congratulate me. She said I was being childish. No one has teased me about it but I am still embarrassed.Is it appropriate for a woman to send her husband flowers at work?
Receiving flowers and candy does not necessarily imply that you have a feminine side and the only mistake your wife may have made was saying something like that to you. Most men appreciate a nice surprise like the one you got at work because it shows they are loved, admired, and recognized. You were probably the envy of other men -and women, just for the fact that someone acknowledged you in a way that helps others to appreciate you as well.Is it appropriate for a woman to send her husband flowers at work?
This has to be on of the most unusual and interesting things I've heard in a while. If the question was just regarding you getting flowers and candy from your wife I would say that while that is definitely not a typical thing to get from your wife you probably shouldn't be so worried about it. However, there is something called 'passive aggressive' that can range from an annoyance to downright mind blowing, depending on the circumstance. She may feel intimidated and even resentful of your success. I would explain how you feel, be honest and try and build on your relationship by building her up. She may no longer feel the need to poke at you all of the time.
Most guys get embarrassed about ';flowers';. I think I would have just sent the candy and a card and saved the flowers for when you got home.





When hubby had a hernia surgery (when we were still in long distance relationship),j I sent him a small bouquet of flowers to the house. He really appreciated it (at home) and told me it was the first time anyone did that.
No need to be embarrassed. Your wife loves you.





As far as having a feminine side, everyone has a feminine and a masculine side. Some more than others. I am a former Marine and have worked with both. If it isn't an issue with your wife then it shouldn't be an issue with you.
I think your wife did it to honestly congratulate you, but if it embarrasses you then she should take note and not do it again. Suggest that, in the future, she could send you balloons or whatever you feel is more ';manly';. Or, she could treat you to a nice dinner out. I just feel that when you congratulate someone or give someone a gift it should be something that the recipient truly enjoys.
I worked at a construction company with all guys %26amp; one of the guys would always get flowers from his wife about every other month or so. He loved getting them and no one every made fun of him. I think it was nice your wife did that, although, everyone is different %26amp; my guy told me to never said flowers to his work because he would be embarrassed-if your wife knew it would embarrass you then she shouldn't have done it. hopefully since you expressed your feelings to her she'll keep that in mind for the future.
My wife does the same for me and I love it.


I could care less what other people think about me, it was her gift for me and that was all that matters.


I work in a area that is mainly women and they look at me differently and in a good way for being romantic.


I am secure enough to know who I am and if I like flowers so what.


It does not mean I am gay, this is the lamest thing I have read today





EDIT : Pebbles is soooo right, get a grip
Dude!!!!! you are so lucky to have a woman that is brave enough to get out there and send her love to you. I think your embarrassment is just a interpretation you may have of yourself and what is weak and what is manly. If my wife had given me flowers at work I would have died in blissful elation of how jealous others would be because of how much she actually loved me. She sounds so cool ...you are lucky.
Very appropriate, no one has said anything at your place of employment due in part I am sure that many men would enjoy the attention from their wives that you are receiving. I think it was a wonderful gesture. I have sent flowers to men before. Flowers are for everyone to enjoy it is not a gender inappropriate gift.
OMG you are so ungrateful! No one thinks of you any differently because you got flowers. They are probably thinking that you are very lucky to have someone who cares about you. I sent my husband flowers once when he was really stressed out at work and he loved it and everyone thought it was really cute. Maybe you should just say thank you!
I agree with you! This is highly inappropriate. This is your personal world and she is not aware of alll the circumstances of your promotion. I think you need to explain to her that your personal relationship should not interfere with you work environment.
I've known plenty of women to do such around Valentine's, for their male partner. If she did it to sincerely congratulate you, then accept it in the spirit it was intended. If she did it to attempt to embarrass you, then you two have some talking to do.
Nothing to be embarrassed about. No matter what she sends to you it will bring attention to you. I usually send a peanutgram which has mixed nuts etc. and big balloons that say congratulations so either way it bring attention.
Does your wife have a sense of humor? She may have done it to congratulate you but also just to get your goat. I personally have done balloons and candy instead of flowers. I do think that is a bit feminine.
i finely told, my girl, i;d rather her send a fishing pole,its cheaper,and more like a trophy to me,and then i wont get fat looking at dead flowers
I would have been embarrassed also. I think you have a right to be mad on this one. She could have sent you something that you would enjoy.
Getting flowers is nice and you shouldn't be embarrassed. Did you share the candy with people at work? Sharing candy will make you a popular guy.
I think it's appropriate...you shouldn't be embarrased and no one tease you b/c they were probably thinking you're a lucky man and your woman shows you love! :)
No reason to be embarrased - I send flowers with balloons to my hubby's work for special occasions such as his birthday and v-day
Tell her real women give head as a way to congratulate their husbands not flowers does she want the other guys to think you are gay, what the heck is she thinking.
Every human likes recognition. Get a grip and relax while you enjoy the event.
i hope so, i send flowers and small gifts to many guy's i know and like at their work place. none of them have ever ask me to stop!
I usually send food.
I don't think it was inappropriate at all. I would have given her a hug and a kiss as soon as I saw her.
you'll really feel terrible when she begins avoing you
Yes it is.
yep, you're right.
No it's not , that's so gay
wow youre an azz for getting mad at her. you suck

No comments:

Post a Comment