Saturday, January 9, 2010

How often will I get a call from my husband in Air Force BMT?

He called to give his address on sunday night. Do they get to call anymore?How often will I get a call from my husband in Air Force BMT?
Glad you got the call, did the form help you?


Expect another call in 2 weeks and then every Sunday after that(usually). My wife just graduated and she called once a week starting the 3rd week and twice the 6th week. It isn't bad, its fun to hear how much better their voice sounds as each week passes and they learn more and become more confident. he is doing fine and is making some life-long friends and memories as we type. He is one of 30,000+ people to go through Air Force BMT each year, so he will do fine and hang in there, things are gonna get easier for you to deal with.How often will I get a call from my husband in Air Force BMT?
My son is in air force BMT, Lackland right now also. He graduates Sep. 19. so he is in week 5. He has called home 3 times so far. the first for the address and twice to briefly chat. He also called his girlfriend with one break he was given, so that makes a total of 4 chances to call. He has written to us 2 times and to his girlfriend twice also. The TI determines when they are allowed to call. If his flight is doing well they are more likely to be given ';patio breaks'; these breaks are when they can use the payphone on the patio. You should send him a phone card to use when he needs to for the pay phone. They are issued one for 100 minutes by the air force, but this goes quickly. There is a fee assessed to the card every time they use it. The fee takes off 37minutes from the card (.07 per min X 37 min =$2.59 fee) I sent my son one with 550 minutes on it and he used it the second time he called. The calls for us where on Sundays late afternoon. Write to him every day. It really helps them. It is hard to be without your loved one. I went crazy the first few weeks sick with worry. That first letter I got really eased my mind. If you have any more questions feel free to email me.
I went through BMT in 1994 and currently work at Lackland. Expect a call from him at least once a week, usually on the weekend. As he gets further along in his training, he will be given a bit more freedom and will be able to call you a bit more often.
maybe once or twice a week. maybe 10-15 mintues at a time. but nothing is garanteed. he is there for training, just remember that, so don't stress if he doesn't call, he will eventually :) talk about happy things with him and don't focus too much on how much you miss him, he's gonna be really stressed out already. good luck to u both
I got my first call the first week he was there [address only]. I wrote to him everyday, and I got about 5 letters. I was really lucky. They do get to call. You should probably be expecting about 4 more. It just really depends on the T.I. Hopefully you get a call soon :]
As his training progresses he will be given more freedom. Around 3 to 4 weeks he will be able to get on a semi regular schedule. Hang in there, it is worth it.
Things change but in 1979 after we earned the phone rights we could call 2 or 3 times a week during out rec time, but we had to earn the privilege.





Vet-USAF / Aug - Oct basic 1979

No comments:

Post a Comment