Friday, April 30, 2010

Since my husband had his thyroid removed due to Graves, he is intolerant to temps over 70. What can help?

He definitely needs to adjust his dosage. Heat intolerance is a sign of hyperthyroidism (like Graves) so he's probably on a dose too high for him. What's his TSH level? Normal is about 1.0-2.0. Lowering his levothyroxine dosage will increase his TSH and he'll be able to handle hot weather.





My TSH is suppressed to 0.01 after having thyroid cancer. My synthroid dose is extremely high in order to suppress my TSH. I can't handle temps above 70. If I lower my dose, i'd be able to handle the heat but I can't lower the dose because that would be an invitation for my cancer to return.Since my husband had his thyroid removed due to Graves, he is intolerant to temps over 70. What can help?
Speak to his GP - I assume he is on something like Thyroxine and its possible the dose needs altered xxxSince my husband had his thyroid removed due to Graves, he is intolerant to temps over 70. What can help?
move to alaska
Tell him to use a fan

No comments:

Post a Comment