Friday, April 30, 2010

Should my husband have to take my son into a public restroom?

My son is almost 10, but feels scared to go alone for some reason. My husband doesn't mind, but we both feel he is old enough and will be fine.Should my husband have to take my son into a public restroom?
If he is scared then one of you should always take him into public restrooms until he gets over his fear. He is only 9. Maybe he is mature in some ways but he is still just a little boy.


Kids imaginations can be very vivid. Maybe someone told him a horror story about something happening to someone in a public bathroom?


He will grow out of it. But let him do it in his own time. He will be fine. And you can never be too careful.Should my husband have to take my son into a public restroom?
2 years ago and 8yr old needed to go to the toilet at a normal everyday shopping centre in a decent area. Her uncle didn't want to go in with her for obvious reasons. So he waited out side the hallway that led to the toilets. Time past and she did not come out. She had been rape and murdered.





Your son's fears a real and I don't blame him for not wanting to go alone. Me and my kids always go to the disabled toilet together.
it always makes me a little uneasy... but i just remind my son that there are weirdos out there and not to talk to anyone. I dont' have much choice - i can't exactly go into the mens room (although sometimes i have knocked to see if anyone was in there first).





edit - if he's scared, something or someone scared him. don't make him unnecessarily paranoid about the world. it isn't as bad as the media makes it out to be.
Don't force him to go in there alone if he doesn't want to. Personally I would be happy to take my child into the bathroom as long as he/she wants. It might seem annoying to you at times and it might slow you down, but think about all the missing child cases that happen every single day and be happy your kid wants to stay in sight.
If I was your husband, I would go with him. Too may nut cases out there.
there must be a reason of this


something must have happened in the past


looks like a standard case of phobia





consult a psychologist
If he doesn't want to go alone, then your husband ( being a good father ) should go with him.


( Connie Mom of 4 and 5th. Grade Teacher )
Yes if he is scared, plus you don't know what kind of people could be in there so it is safer anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment