Friday, April 30, 2010

I want to start a new tradition with my husband for Christmas. Any good ideas?

My husband and I have been dating for 6 years but only married for a month and a half. This Christmas is our first, and I'd love to start a new tradition, or perhaps even adopt an old tradition that I don't know about. Suggestions?I want to start a new tradition with my husband for Christmas. Any good ideas?
I'm not sure how things go in your house, who does the decorating and what-not, but the two of you should maybe pick a movie you both love and watch it on Christmas Eve. I know my family watches the ';A Christmas Story'; marathon every year on Christmas. Also, you could pick a night when you are both off work and decorate the tree together. I'm not sure where you live, but you could do an activity such as Caroling. But, remember, this is your Christmas, not ours, and sometimes traditions start when you dont even know they have been started!I want to start a new tradition with my husband for Christmas. Any good ideas?
Pick out a Christmas ornament together every year for your tree. This year get a ';First Christmas Together'; ornament. Make sure every ornament has the year on it.





If your a Christian you can have a ';Happy Birthday Jesus'; party with a birthday cake.
my husband and i got married last year on new year's eve, so this is our first christmas as a married couple as well. we are starting our own traditions this year, too.





each of us will write the other a letter and put it in his/her stocking on christmas eve to be read on christmas morning.





we will also each pick out one ornament every year that reminds us of the other, and give it as a gift.





we are considering finding a holiday meal to use as ';our'; traditional meal, as well. probably breakfast, since we do my parent's house on eve and his parents' on day.
We do stockings and the stuffers have been kinda traditional in the fact that he always gets socks, aftershave, a bathroom book, magazine subscription - that kinda thing. Kinda boring but we look forward to it every year.
We never had kids and felt that there was WAYYY too much early morning Hype. So wed wait until 12:01 (In keeping with the mandates of our parents to NOT open the presents till Christmas) open presents.. Then wed flip a coin. Whoever lost had to get up earlier than the other and make breakfast.
we always buy an ornament and put the year on it then every when we decorate the tree it is interesting to see how our taste has changed over the years. Now I buy ornaments for my kids. Ones that they choose. so they'll have them when they have a tree of their own.
A Christmas ornament every year, with the year on the ornament.





Stockings that are personalized.





Set up a holiday village and choose a new piece to add to the village each year.





We've done the above 3 not since we were married but ever since our 1st child's 1st christmas. I wish we started these traditions the 1st year we got married...oh well...at least we started for our baby's 1st christmas.
me and my wife are going to cook a dinner together you could make that your tradition maiking something new together each year or even making the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment