Friday, April 30, 2010

If my husband gets sued, can they take money out of my joint bank account with my mother?

If my husband gets sued %26amp; he does not have enough money in his accounts, can they take money out of a joint checking account that I hold with my mother? He is not listed on the account that I hold with my mother. Thanks in advance.If my husband gets sued, can they take money out of my joint bank account with my mother?
No. They can't just go grabbing money out of accounts from people he knows. Now, if they can show that you are hiding some of his assets in that account then they will probably get a court order and take some, or all of it. Or, if they can show that what you put into that account is really the result of you and his income then they may be able to get a court order and take a portion of the account.


Basically, if they feel that any of his money is in that account they can try to get it.


This is all assuming that this suit is not from a business he owns whose assets are separate from personal assets?

No comments:

Post a Comment