Friday, April 30, 2010

Can my husband be the one to file the divorce papers with myself listed as the Petitioner?

I'm trying to get by with a cheap/uncontested divorce by doing it myself. I have my Original Petition for Divorce completed, but can't take a day off from work to actually go file. My question is, can he go file the divorce papers even though I'm listed as the Petitioner, or will I have to change him to the Petitioner?Can my husband be the one to file the divorce papers with myself listed as the Petitioner?
*** No he can't, as it needs to be notarized. Only your legal representative can, but that would mean giving him power of attorney.Can my husband be the one to file the divorce papers with myself listed as the Petitioner?
He would have to be listed as petitioner or he could end up being arrested for fraud or something
both of you can do it

No comments:

Post a Comment