Friday, April 30, 2010

Can my husband claim me on taxes?

I didn't work very much last year due to pregnancy issues.My doctor issued me to stop working due to the work I was involved in was causing me pain.I think I only made 3000 last year.If he does claim me could I still file also ?Can my husband claim me on taxes?
Your spouse would not claim you as a dependent. If you choose to file a joint return with him, you and he together will get double the single standard deduction and double the single dependency exemption. So these deductions will eliminate any tax owed on your income.





If you file a joint return with your spouse, you do not file your own return.





If you do not file a joint return with your spouse, you are required to file a separate return if your income is over $3,300. Your filing status would be married filing separately.Can my husband claim me on taxes?
Spouses are never a dependent in the conventional sense.





You should file Jointly. The standard deduction is higher and you will receive an exemption for both of you.
Less than $7000 you do not need to file. Let him claim you as a dependent.

No comments:

Post a Comment