Friday, April 30, 2010

Can I send protein bars and halls to my husband in boot camp?

My husband send me a letter asking for halls (he's been sick) and protein bars. He said they would give it to him if he earns it. I send the stuff today, but later I realized I am not supposed to send any food or candy... Will the halls count as candy and the bars as food?Can I send protein bars and halls to my husband in boot camp?
When my husband was in boot camp he asked me to send him protein bars because his drill instructors said that if they got sent them and earned them then they could have the protein bars.


I am sure he wouldn't ask for you to send them unless it was okay. so i think he will be fine. His drill instructors will probably keep them until they decide that he can have them. i wouldn't worry about it.


and don't have hiim go to medical..he would just get crap. my husband was sooo sick during boot camp..like horrible headaches, fevers at night etc. and he never went to medical because he didn't want crap from his instructors..he finally got better but i wouldn't have him go to medical.


good luck to you and your husband.





~Marine wife...email me if you have questions :)Can I send protein bars and halls to my husband in boot camp?
The protein bars may be confiscated, but it depends on the Drill Sergeants. If they do get taken away, they'll probably let him put them in his civilian bag, which he'll get back at the end of the cycle.





The halls are completely fine, as long as theyre not tutti frutti and super sweetened. The menthol ones work the best, but the fruity ones sure do taste good when you cant have anything real sweet in 9-10 weeks. Fruity ones at my basic training were frowned upon, and usually taken away. Again, it depends on the place. The halls should make it to him without an issue.





He may do some pushups for getting protein bars tho, THANKS A LOT. jk :)
They have to open all packages in front of the drill sergeants so he'll have the protein bars taken away, but send him as many bags of cough drops as possible. When DH was at FLW I sent him tons of halls fruit breezers and he shared/sold the extras. Those things are like cigarettes in jail lol.
No don't tell your husband to go to medical. Everyone gets sick in BC. He'll catch sh*t from the DI's for the rest of his time in BC. If he said that it's ok for you to send them, than hes drill instructors must have told them it's fine.
the halls should be alright but the proetein bars would more than likely be confiscated,
Tell your husband to go to medical...

No comments:

Post a Comment